The 21st century brought us many new inventions and technologies. This on the other hand opened new job roles and careers people want to pursue. One of these careers is an IT ( Information Technology ) recruiter. An IT recruiter is a person who helps companies to find and hire people for open IT positions. They could be working for one or more companies, helping them with finding, interviewing, and screening talents if they have the skills required for the position.
What are the needed skills for becoming an IT recruiter?
Being an IT recruiter sounds easy, but of course, there are some skills you need to have, in order to become one. Having a degree is not a must, but it could be beneficial for your career and a plus for you in your work. Some of these degrees are – human resources, psychology, sociology, sales, etc. The other education you can get before starting as a recruiter is a proper course or certification program. This will not only help you become a professional faster but there will be a higher chance of companies hiring you. Some of the required skills for becoming an IT recruiter are :
- Being talkative – As an IT recruiter you will always have to talk to people – via e-mail, telephone, online interview or in person. In order for the talk with the interviewed person to get going, you will have to talk more, ask questions and make the environment as much comfortable as you can. Developing a nice relationship between you and the candidates is always vital. The same nice relationship should be made between you and the company.
- Desire to learn – This skill is important in many fields, just like in the IT recruitment. In order to be on the right path and not let your opponents pass you by, you will have to be a good and fast learner in this job position.
- Patience – Patience is always the key. If you would like to become a professional recruiter, you will have to put in a lot of time and effort, learning the dynamics of the market, get more into the IT sector and know exactly what type of person are you looking for.
- Being organized – Organizing your time and knowing what to do next already puts you one step in front of your competitors. If you want to take a second step in front of the others, you will also have to think outside the box.
- Not giving up easy and being persistent – In order to be successful you may have to review and change some things when facing difficulties. In this job role many people will reject you but being persistent should get you to the top soon.
- Technical skills – Before the internet became a thing, being a recruiter wasn’t so tough. Nowadays you have to be able to adapt to all the new social media and websites in order to stay on track. That is why having technical skills like computer skills, internet knowledge, smartphone knowledge and social media understanding will be a must.
In conclusion, being an IT recruiter may be hard sometimes but having the needed skills or having the willingness to learn and be taught will always be seen from clients on which your future career depends.